Home : Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District has implemented Stage 1 Voluntary Water Conservation.
Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District has implemented Stage 1 Voluntary Water Conservation.
The Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District (BCMUD) has initiated Stage 1 of the Drought Contingency and Emergency Water Management Plan (DCP) in response to a projected reduction of available water supplies. Stage 1 is in effect for Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District, Brushy Bend, and the Southwest Williamson County Regional Park. The State of Texas approved BCMUD DCP is recently updated to enter Stage 1 when the Brazos River Authority (BRA) enters a Drought Watch condition. The BCMUD Stage 1 is a voluntary response measure implemented to achieve a ten percent reduction in daily water use. Entering Stage 1, the request is to voluntarily limit landscape irrigation to two days per week.
- For Odd-numbered property addresses, the recommended watering days are Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday.
- For Even-numbered property addresses, the recommended watering days are Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday.
- The recommended watering days for connections with no property address are Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday.
- Automatic sprinkler systems should be operated only between 12:01 am, and 7:00 am on the recommended watering days.
- Hose-end sprinklers should be operated only before 10:00 am or after 7:00 pm on the recommended watering days.
- Hand watering is permissible at any time and any day.
To protect and conserve water year-round BCMUD requests customers to voluntarily limit landscape irrigation to three or fewer times per week when the District has not initiated a conservation stage. The goal of the year-round voluntary measure is to increase public awareness of limited water resources and to voluntarily reduce water consumption by approximately 5% of what would occur without the voluntary measure. Progression to Stage 1, the goal is to now achieve an additional 5% reduction in daily water consumption, or a total reduction of 10%.
BRA entered a Drought Watch condition in response to 95% of the Brazos River basin experiencing a certain level of drought and parts experiencing an exceptional drought status. The BRA reservoirs affected by the BRA declaration include the Georgetown-Stillhouse Hollow Reservoir System. The BCMUD diverts raw water from Lake Georgetown under a water supply agreement with the BRA.
For more information about The District’s Drought Contingency Plan please click here.
Brushy Creek Utility District appreciates every customer’s participation. Please contact Brushy Creek’s Customer Service at 512-255-7871 for any questions regarding this matter.